A Firm Built On Personal Service And Professionalism
Hummel, Lewis & Smith, LLP is a civil litigation and general practice law firm with offices in Bloomsburg and Sunbury, Pennsylvania. Our lawyers can address any legal need, combining the personal attention of a small, full-service firm with sophisticated representation by experienced trial lawyers. Our collaborative approach provides the best possible representation by harnessing the diverse knowledge and experiences of our attorneys to assist our clients.
Our practice has grown by word-of-mouth from satisfied clients who have referred friends and family members and by repeat clients who make their first calls to us when new legal situations arise.
The attorneys of Hummel, Lewis & Smith, LLP have served northeastern and central Pennsylvania for over 40 years. Our commitment to clients and the communities we serve is constant.
Extensive Knowledge And Experience
Our team of attorneys has 100-plus years of combined experience, and each attorney has time-tested knowledge in specific areas of the law.
Our accomplished litigators can advance your interests in personal injury claims, criminal proceedings, divorce and family law matters, and probate disputes, as well as business, real estate, and land use litigation.
At Hummel, Lewis & Smith, LLP, we also provide solid legal counsel for business formation and ongoing operations, commercial and residential development, natural gas leases, estate planning, and estate administration.
Experienced Trial Lawyers
Each of our attorneys has substantial knowledge in diverse aspects of the law. Click on their name to view their profile pages:
- Barry Lewis is a former police officer who brings valuable insight into criminal defense and fresh solutions in family law. Mr. Lewis earned a bachelor of arts degree in criminology from Indiana University of Pennsylvania in 1982 along with a commission as a second lieutenant in the United States Army. He is a native of Benton, is actively involved in scouting and volunteers with six local fire departments.
- Michael Smith is a lifelong resident of Mount Carmel. His primary areas of focus are personal injury, insurance defense and complex litigation. Additionally, he is a Pennsylvania title agent and assists clients in buying and selling real estate.
- John (Jack) Mihalik was born and raised in Shamokin and attended Our Lady of Lourdes High School. He has a degree in electrical engineering from Lehigh University and a law degree from Georgetown Law School, and he has been practicing law since 1972. His emphasis is on civil litigation, including contract law and zoning and land development law. He represents several municipalities in Columbia and Montour Counties.
- Rob Davidson, a licensed land surveyor and Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) sewage enforcement officer (SEO), served several municipalities as a zoning officer and SEO before going to law school. After graduating from law school, he worked for the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture and AgChoice Farm Credit before entering private practice. Rob and his family raise sheep on their farm near Millville. Rob’s practice is focused on real estate, farm and business succession and estate planning, and boundary disputes.
- Rebeka M. Buczeskie is a native of Kulpmont, Pennsylvania, and received her law degree from Widener University Commonwealth Law School, where she graduated magna cum laude in 2019. While earning her law degree, she interned with the Northumberland County District Attorney’s Office and worked at a civil law clinic at Widener Law School.
- Daniel J. Neyer practices in the fields of insurance defense; intellectual property; estate planning; real estate; and state, local and municipal law. Attorney Neyer received his law degree from Liberty University School of Law, where he graduated magna cum laude in 2019. While attending law school, Mr. Neyer worked in the school’s Intellectual Property Clinic, served as a student ambassador and served as chief justice of the SBA Supreme Court.
We Want To Hear How We Can Help
We invite you to contact our office to arrange a consultation. You will work directly with one of our experienced attorneys. Call 570-245-6720 or 877-829-8987, or contact us by email.
We offer a free initial consultation for personal injury and medical negligence matters.