Proven Representation In Complex Personal Injury Matters
There are many obstacles to protecting your financial interests when you are facing a personal injury matter. Your attorney must understand complex insurance issues and know how to conduct an investigation to support your case. Perhaps most important of all, you need an experienced trial lawyer who is prepared to present your case to a jury.
At Hummel, Lewis & Smith, LLP, in Bloomsburg and Sunbury, our attorneys represent plaintiffs and defendants who are struggling with personal injury issues. Having advocated for clients on both sides of the aisle, we are able to provide sophisticated and aggressive representation that obtains results.
Throughout the past few years, attorney Mike Smith has obtained over $12 million in compensation for clients who have been injured by the negligence of others. He is the only attorney whose primary practice is in Columbia, Montour and Northumberland Counties, and he is certified as a life member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Handling A Range Of Cases
The trial lawyers of our firm bring decades of combined experience to your case with settlements and verdicts in a wide range of personal injury cases, such as:
- Car accidents: We have handled claims related to auto collisions, tractor-trailer accidents, motorcycle crashes, and bicycle and pedestrian injuries. Our attorneys take an aggressive approach to resolve your case favorably.
- Dram shop cases: Our firm has sued bars and restaurants that served alcohol to underage or obviously intoxicated persons who then caused injury in a car accident, fire, or drunken assault.
- Medical malpractice: The attorneys at Hummel, Lewis & Smith, LLP are capable of handling litigation against doctors and hospitals for surgical mistakes, misdiagnoses, birth injuries, medication errors, infections and complications of treatment, and neglect in monitoring or assisting patients.
- Slip-and-fall accidents: We help those who have been injured in fall accidents on slippery walkways, uneven sidewalks, broken stairs, or other slipping or tripping hazards.
- Premises liability: Property owners are responsible for allowing dangerous conditions or inadequate security to exist that leads to slip-and-fall injuries, assaults/sexual assaults, or other harms. This includes the liability of pet owners (homeowners) for dog bite injuries – even if the animal has never attacked before.
- Products liability: At Hummel, Lewis & Smith, LLP, we advocate for victims suffering from injuries resulting from design or manufacturing defects in a range of products, including cars (seat belts and air bags), SUVs prone to rollover, ATVs or motorcycles, and workplace machinery.
- Wrongful death: We represent spouses, children, parents, and loved ones in lawsuits involving deaths that resulted from defective products, intentional acts, or negligence.
At Hummel, Lewis & Smith, LLP, we tirelessly pursue damages for lost earnings, medical care and the physical and emotional impact of any lasting disability. We are not afraid of tough cases, including lawsuits against governmental entities.
Always Prepared To Litigate On Your Behalf
When we take your case, we seek out the most efficient approach that yields favorable results. Our lawyers turn first to negotiation to resolve your issue. In the event that negotiations stall, we will defend your interests in Court.
We are always prepared to litigate on your behalf. This level of preparation often translates into better results for our clients. Whether you are filing a lawsuit in a Pennsylvania Court or defending against one, you can rely on our legal team to provide the strong advocacy that you deserve.
Get Your Case Evaluated For Free
Call us at 570-245-6720 or 877-829-8987, or contact us online. We can visit seriously injured clients at home or in the hospital, and we charge no attorney’s fees unless we secure compensation for you.
We welcome small or complex cases throughout northeast and north-central Pennsylvania, including those involving college students and out-of-state individuals.